York Rite College Knight Masons (YRC, KM)
Invitational and Honorary Bodies
While there is no greater honor or degree a man may hold than to be a Master Mason, the York Rite, as with many fraternal organizations, is home to many smaller bodies which are honorary (based on certain offices held, for example) or invitational (limited in number and admission is strictly by invitation, and not petition). These are some of those bodies which are active within the jurisdiction of Maryland.
York Rite College (YRC)
The York Rite Sovereign College of North America exists primarily to be of service to the York Rite of Freemasonry. Constituent colleges must declare fealty to the Grand Lodge of their respective jurisdictions. The pre-requisite for membership, which is by invitation only, is good-standing in all four York Rite bodies: Lodge, Chapter, Council and Commander or Preceptory (Canada.)
For Official Information Contact the Office in Detroit, MI Email – [email protected]
The purpose of the York Rite Sovereign College of North America, as set forth in its Constitution and By-Laws, are as follows:
(1) To foster a spirit of cooperation an coordination among each of the Bodies of York Rite Masonry.
(2) To assist in worthy efforts to improve the ritualistic and dramatic presentation of York Rite work.
(3) To conduct an education program in order to inculcate a greater appreciation of the principles, ideals, and programs of York Rite Masonry.
(4) To strengthen York Rite Masonry in every possible manner.
(5) To build up a love of country and to aid and support genuine Americanism.
(6) To reward outstanding service to York Rite Masonry by awards, honors and other methods of proper recognition.
(7) To support Charitable and Benevolent Endeavors of Freemasonry.